Bal Bharati Public School, Pitampura, was conferred with the International Dimension in Schools (IDS) Award (2022-2025) by the British Council for the 6th consecutive time. We have been a recipient of this award for 18 years.
The international dimension in education has always been an integral part of our policy – ‘Sarvaswa Parivaar’ – the entire world is a family and the Bal Bharati fraternity has extended its horizons to include as many people as possible from different nations in this parivaar .
Recent advances in technology have made the world a much smaller place. Global issues are becoming local issues through massive inputs from omnipresent information channels. The younger generation today is more receptive to the fast pace of change in the world than ever before. Therefore, there is a greater need to equip our youngsters with skills to communicate and develop a better understanding and tolerance towards the diverse cultures of the world. A strong ‘international policy’ empowers the students for the same. Our students, bubbling with positivity and youthful energy, should be able to gauge the impact of global, social, economic, political and environmental trends on local issues and develop a wider perspective.
IDS UPDATES 2022-2023
- GLOBE TROTTERS CLUB-45 students of Class IX have been registered on the Generation Global portal under the initiative ‘Globe Trotters Club’. These students are being made to practise dialogue skills using the modules and resources available on the portal.
- Generation Global is currently hosting its SDG Dialogue Series! This global dialogue is an opportunity for young people to come together and dialogue about the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals in a fun and engaging way. 20 students of Class IX have been actively attending these enriching sessions and honing their dialogue skills.
- TRAVERSING THE BOUNDARIES-To enable them to become global citizens, the students of the Primary Department are exposed to various customs, cultures, and traditions by introducing songs from different countries around the world. During the months of April and May 2022, the students learnt ‘Malaika’ which is a Swahili song written by Tanzanian musician Adam Salim in 1945. This song is possibly the most widely known of all Swahili songs in the world. Malaika in the given context means ‘angel’ in Swahili.
- With an aim to help the students of the Primary Department appreciate and enjoy the variety of dance forms from across the world, they were taught FLAMENCO, the famous dance form of Southern Spain in the month of May 2022. The students learnt the same most enthusiastically.
- 45 students of Class IX participated in a Generation Global Video Conference on 20th May 2022. The topic of the video conference was 'Values, Beliefs and Cultures'. The students impressed the facilitators from Generation Global with their confidence, knowledge and dialogue skills. Ms. Nidhi Wadhawan, Ms. Amandeep Kaur and Ms. Nishtha Sikand prepared the students for the session and facilitated it.
- JAPAN INTERNATIONAL ESSAY COMPETITION 2022-Students from the Primary Department participated in Japan International Essay Competition – 2022 ‘International Essay Contest for Young People’ organised by the Goi Peace Foundation, Embassy of Japan.
DAY TOPICS CLASS DATE World Health Day Choose Water For Healthy Hydration Preschool and Pre- Primary 07.4.2022 Yoga- A Healthy Way Of Living I & II International Earth Day Earth Warriors PP-II 22.04.2022 Single Use Plastic IV World Environment Day Poster Making III-V 09.05.2022 World Family Day Colouring Activity PS-II 15.05.2022
- The World Literacy Day was observed by the children of Pre-Primary Department on 8th September, 2022. Children were motivated to enhance their literacy skills and assist those who are facing difficulties in reading and writing. As part of the campaign, our children visited NGO Matrachaya, where they donated story books and stationery items, and shared their reading experiences together. Children engaged in various activities like slogan writing, word chain game, creating beautiful handmade bookmarks for their favorite storybooks. A puppet show was presented by the students of Class II on the importance of being literate. An activity ‘Read-a-thon’ was conducted to develop the interest of children in reading. Good readers were also awarded.
- The International Day of Peace was observed in Pre-Primary Department on 27th September, 2022. The students wore white, and the teachers discussed how each one of us can bring peace into the world. They created beautiful dove birds with finger printing and peace plates. Children came dressed up as peace messengers e.g. Nelson Mandela, Mother Teresa, Mahatma Gandhiji etc. Famous slogans were read followed by a rhyme dramatization.
- To mark the International Day of Peace 2022, the students of Class III made bookmarks on the theme of Peace. The students of Classes IV and V made cards based on the topic 'End Racism, Build Peace’.
- The students of Globe Trotters Club have been participating in various video conferences organised by Generation Global. The students are trained in the modules by the teachers in charge and after thorough research and preparation, they attend the scheduled sessions moderated by the experts at Generation Global. 6 students of Class IX completed a 4-week long SDG Dialogue Series, organised by Generation Global, and received certificates of appreciation for the same. Under this programme, they interacted with their peers across the globe by participating in video conferences pertaining to the SDGs chosen by them.
IDS UPDATES 2021-2022 IDS UPDATES 2020-2021 IDS UPDATES 2019-20